Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the
Kennington Park Estate Tenants’ Association held on 26 September 2012
at the Kennington Park Estate Community Centre
Present: 25 tenants and leaseholders of Kennington Park Estate. M Evers in the chair
In attendance: Phil Day, HSH Housing Manager
Christina Edoja: Senior Housing Officer, Hyde Southbank Homes
Michelle Williams: Housing Officer, Hyde Southbank Homes
Donna Anderson: Innovation Environmental Limited
Cllr Jack Hopkins: Councillor for Oval Ward
The Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting and introductions were made.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr Jane Edbrooke and Anna Blakeman, Estate Services Officer
2. MINUTES OF THE 2011 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD ON 21 SEPTEMBER 2011 FOR APPROVAL
The minutes of the 2011 Annual General Meeting were approved as a correct record of that meeting.
3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES OF THE 2011 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
There were no matters arising from the minutes of the previous AGM other than those covered by the agenda for this meeting.
4. ANNUAL REPORT 2011/12 FROM THE TENANTS’ ASSOCIATION
The 2011/12 TA Annual Report was distributed and presented by the Chair, giving an account of TA activities in all areas of housing management and estate management including:
- Service charge scrutiny and review
- Negotiations with HSH management on the proposed £383 service charge for new communal aerials in connection with digital switchover
- Participation in Estate Inspections and liaison with HSH management about the cleaning service and the grounds maintenance service
- Negotiations with HSH management on the CCTV system including a formal request for a full review
- Monitoring of the Local offer and the Service Promise
- Discussion with HSH with reference to the programme for planned and cyclical maintenance
- Liaison with Surrey County Cricket Club including discussion of development of a 190 bedroom hotel. which SCCC had just announced was not to be built – for the time being.
5. FINANCIAL REPORT 2011/12 FROM THE TENANTS’ ASSOCIATION
The financial report covering 2011/12 was presented. Very little expenditure had been incurred from Tenants’ Association funds since the 2011 AGM. The Financial Report 2011/12 was formally approved.
6. ELECTION OF BLOCK REPRESENTATIVES TO JOIN THE TA STEERING GROUP
Nominations were invited for block representatives to join the TA Steering Group. The following block representatives were formally nominated and duly elected by a show of hands:
Brockwell: Jennifer Gore
Grace: Michael Angus, Jennifer Gore
Sherwin: Raquel Matos, Gail Sixsmith
Lohmann: No nomination
Hornby: Marilyn Evers, Kerry Young
Abel: Andrea Figueras
Blythe: Bernard Jennings
Alverstone: Marco Barrella, Sonia Reid
Lockwood: No nomination
Blades: Joan Twelves
Other residents interested in contributing to running the Tenants’ Association were invited to join the Steering Group and attend meetings in relation to Tenants’ Association activities. Steering Group meetings were notified well in advance on all TA agendas/notices.
7. HOUSING MANAGEMENT AND ESTATE MANAGEMENT ISSUES FROM RESIDENTS
The Grace House representative reported the continuing problems with reference to communal lighting in Grace and Brockwell. It was also reported that gutters clogged with leaves etc required attention.
8 DATES OF MEETINGS OF THE TENANTS’ ASSOCIATION IN 2013
Dates for meetings of the Tenants’ Association in 2013 were agreed as follows: 8 February, 25 April, 18 July, 25 September and 28 November 2012
9. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Residents expressed their support of the resident who had been barred from membership of committees in the Hyde governance structure. Thanks were extended to all residents involved in TA organisation.
10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING OF THE TENANTS’ ASSOCIATION
The next ordinary meeting of the Tenants’ Association was scheduled for 1900 on 2 November 2012.